Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Scrap Around the World

I don't know about you but I am a little intimidated when I look at the work on Scrap Around the World. There are such amazing projects and all seem like nothing I could ever accomplish.




This month's challenge on Scrap Around the World is open to new entries as well as past winners. It is time to stop being afraid and to put my work out there!

And just how was I inspired??  "There is so much to celebrate" with Jen and Shawn  getting married in less than 6 months!  We will celebrate the love they have and the joy he has brought to her life. Her wedding colors include a pale pink and dark red so these colors were perfect!!

Jen had just sent me a new photo of her and Shawn so I decided to create a scrap canvas. I used all my mixed media supplies but treated it like a scrapbook page.



Here is my canvas

When I was in middle/high school, I remember doodling  intersecting boxes. I used that as the basis for my page. I built layers using different colors. I added washi tape which I also painted over. Stamps and stenciling with modeling paste added to the background. My balloons are chipboard as well as painted.

there is so much to celebrate and that includes the joy this piece gives me!


I used Gelatos, Silks Acrylics African Jade, Glimmer Glaze Paradise Pink, the Crafters Workshop Live Love Laugh Stencil, and the Tim Holtz Faded Dot Stencil  all AVAILABLE from the  FROSTED DESIGNS store!

Thank you so much for stopping by!! I appreciate every single visit and comment!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely creation! And lovely subject. I adore your use of colors, well done!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at SATW <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good work. I love your background. Thank you very much for playing at Scrap around The World may challenge with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! How cool layout! I love your colours and there´s so many great details!
    Thank you for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! This is fantastic! You nailed the mood board! Good to hear you are celebrating! Thanks for playing along with us here at SATW! http://mybeaner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you joined us Jean! Fabulous layout! Love the background textures and colors! Thanks for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my what a awesome canvas you've made here love all off your background techniques and that picture is very cute! Thank you so much for playing with us this month at Scrap Around the World hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful, friend! Thanks for playing with us at SATW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Beautiful and elegant design! Thanks for playing with us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete

I am Back but will be Leaving:):)